How To Lose Belly Fat Fast In A Week
Find out how to lose belly fat fast in a week with this 7-day fat-burning diet. Did you know that it is easier to lose stomach fat faster than other parts of the body? It’s true, with the right diet, you can start seeing results in just one week.
I know this for a fact because I have used the following belly fat-burning diet plan for years and it has never failed me. And the best part about this diet is that it also reduces fatty liver which improves your overall health.
Now, I am not promising you miraculous results here because it’s not going to be easy to complete this diet. That said, if you do follow through, you can successfully lose a few inches around your waistline.
Note: If you have medical conditions like diabetes, heart problems, or kidney problems, it’s always best to consult with your doctor before starting any diet plan just to be safe.
The information found on this website is fully researched and backed by extensive studies, however, they are for educational purposes and should not be used as anything other.
How To Lose Belly Fat Fast In A Week
It’s common knowledge that you lose at least 5 pounds of water weight within the first week of dieting. With this diet though, you not only lose water weight but a bit of visceral belly fat too.
That’s because you are required to get at least an hour of exercise along with this diet. It’s also a very low-calorie diet (less than 1300 calories) therefore your body will use up previously stored fat as an energy source.
This helps you lose visceral fat along with water weight.
What Is Visceral Fat?
Visceral fat is a type of fat that is hidden deep within the belly area and other parts of the body. This type of fat is dangerous because it wraps around your internal organs and leads to serious health issues.
Unlike subcutaneous fat, visceral fat makes up 10% of your full body fat and with the right diet, it is pretty easy to get rid of. Less than 3 months is all the time you need to get rid of visceral fat.
Subcutaneous fat on the other hand is the fat found right below the skin and makes up 90% of your whole body fat. Although not harmful, it requires much more effort to get rid of subcutaneous fat.
Can You Really Lose Visceral Belly Fat In A Week?
Yes, you can lose visceral belly fat in a week but how much you lose depends on the methods you use. It’s possible to lose up to 2 pounds within the first week sometimes even more if you count the water weight.
To lose your first few pounds of visceral belly fat, you will need to follow a low-calorie diet plan, do some high-intensity workout, and stay hydrated.
Drinking water is very important when trying to lose belly fat because it helps reduce cravings and acts as an appetite suppressant.
Water also helps your body get rid of toxins through your urine, the more you drink, the more toxins your body releases. Toxins can disrupt hormone function and lead to fat storage.
Staying hydrated daily helps your body break down fat molecules and use them as fuel. It also prevents water storage which is important for weight loss.
In order to lose belly fat successfully, you will need a healthy digestive tract, and drinking enough water is key to digestive function. It also keeps you regular!
Lastly, this study shows that people who drank at least 1.5 liters of water daily for 8 weeks saw a reduction in water weight, overall body fat, and suppressed appetite.
It is recommended that women drink around 11 glasses of water daily and 15 glasses for men. That said, aim to get at least 8 glasses of water and get water from other food sources like cucumbers, watermelon, detox teas, and milk.
Shake It Up!
As I mentioned above, to lose belly fat quickly, you must incorporate some sort of exercise into your daily routine. Some of the most effective exercises to burn belly fat include:
- Brisk walking
- Interval training
- Bicep curls
- Tricep kickbacks
- 60-second planks
- Bicycle crunches
- Abdominal crunches
- Leg lifts
By doing 30 minutes to 1 hour of your chosen workout from the list above daily, you will speed up the belly fat-burning process.
How The 7-Day Belly Fat-Burning Diet Works
This diet will help you speed up your metabolism, improve your digestive health, and start melting those pounds of fat.
Why? Because you will be eating less than your body requires to use as fuel. You see, a regular person requires 2000 calories to maintain weight.
Eating more than 2000 calories causes weight gain while eating less causes weight loss. Now, it may be different for people who are obese.
That’s because they may need slightly more calories than the ones on the diet below to function properly. This is where a calorie calculator comes in.
The calculator measures your height, weight, age, and how often you work out to determine how many calories your body needs to lose weight.
Go ahead and check your calories so that you can alter the diet below to fit you.
Remember, you have 8 glasses of water to drink throughout the day, therefore, you need to have 2 glasses of water with each main meal and one glass with snacks.
7-Day Belly Fat Burning Diet
Aim to get between 1200-1300 calories daily. If the plans below fall under this amount, munch on some fresh green vegetables.
Note: For those with high cholesterol, substitute the hard-boiled egg for 2 slices of smoked turkey.
- Breakfast – 1 hard-boiled egg + 2 slices whole wheat bread + 1 glass of 0-fat milk + 1 large cucumber
- Mid-morning snack – 1 semi-ripe apple
- Lunch – 90 grams of grilled chicken breast + 1 plate of green salad + 1 medium baked sweet potato
- Mid-afternoon snack – 1 medium grapefruit
- Dinner – 1 bowl of Greek yogurt with blackberries
Nutrition Facts: 1207 calories | 32% total fat | 26% saturated fat | 30% sodium | 57% total carb | 56% dietary fiber | 78.8g total sugars | 94.1g protein | calcium 48% |iron 28% | potassium 34%
- Breakfast – 1 slice of wheat toast +1 tablespoon of low-fat sour cream + 1 glass of fresh orange juice
- Mid-morning snack – 1 ripe banana
- Lunch – 1 medium grilled fish + grilled vegetables + 1 plate of fresh salad
- Mid-afternoon snack – 1 prune + 9 pcs of assorted nuts
- Dinner – 1 bowl of green vegetable salad or soup
Nutrition Facts: 1316 calories | total fat 60% | saturated fat 42% | cholesterol 34% | total carbs 54% | dietary fiber 67% | total sugars 53 grams | protein 46 grams | calcium 17% | iron 23% | potassium 32% |
- Breakfast – 2 poached eggs + 1 slice of toast + 1 glass of green smoothie
- Mid-morning snack – 1 wedge of watermelon
- Lunch – 9 pcs of beef kebab + 1 bowl of green salad or grilled assorted veggies
- Mid-afternoon snack – 1 kiwi
- Dinner – 1 can of tuna fish + salad
Nutrition Facts: 1103 calories | 25% total fat | 30% saturated fat | 132% cholesterol | 87% sodium | 38% total carbs | 29% dietary fiber | 55.8g total sugars | 101g protein | 85% vitamin D | 23% calcium | 75% iron | 27% potassium
- Breakfast – 2 slices of mortadella + 1 slice of wheat toast +1 glass of 0-fat milk + 1 large cucumber
- Mid-morning snack – 1 peach
- Lunch – 12 pcs of grilled shrimp + 1 bowl of salad + 1 small pita bread + 2 tbsp of low-sodium guacamole
- Mid-afternoon snack– 1 small grapefruit
- Dinner – 1 bowl of fruit salad + 1 bowl of zero-fat Greek yogurt
Nutrition Facts: 1190 calories | 44% total fat | 40% saturated fat | 98% cholesterol | 96% sodium | 48% total carb | 54% dietary fiber | 52g total sugars | 72g protein |5% vitamin D | 80% calcium | 43% iron | 37% potassium |
- Breakfast – 2 tbsps of 0-fat white cream cheese + 1 slice of wheat toast + 4 olives + 1 green smoothie
- Mid-morning snack – 1 extra small banana (ripe)
- Lunch – 100 grams of grilled steak (well-cooked) + 1 plate green salad + 1 roasted sweet potato
- Mid-afternoon snack – 1 cup of pineapple chunks
- Dinner – 1 bowl of green salad + half an avocado
Nutrition Facts: 1283 calories | total fat 63% | saturated fat 8% | cholesterol 2% | sodium 49% | total carbs 49% | dietary fiber 50% | total sugars 70g | protein 91.7 g | calcium 21% | iron 24% | potassium 21% |
- Breakfast – 1 hard-boiled egg + 1 glass of green smoothie + 1 toast + 1 cucumber
- Mid-morning snack – 2 kiwis
- Lunch – 1 bowl of vegetable salad + 100 grams of kafta + 1 medium air-fried potato
- Mid-afternoon snack – 2 prunes
- Dinner – 1 bowl of fresh green salad + handful of non-salted almonds
Nutrition Facts: 1162 calories | 38% total fat | 20% saturated fat | 71% cholesterol | 39% sodium | 70% total carbs | 93% dietary fiber | 93g sugars | 50.5g protein | 77% vitamin D | 27% calcium | 47% iron | 49% pottasium|
- Breakfast – 1 glass of zero-fat milk + 1 pouch egg + 1 wheat toast
- Mid-morning snack – 1 orange
- Lunch – 100 grams of grilled chicken breast + 1 bowl of salad + 1 medium sweet potato
- Mid-afternoon snack – 1 medium apple
- Dinner – 1 bowl of vegetable soup + 4 pcs of white cheese of your choice
Nutrition Facts: 1014 calories | 37% total fat | 50% saturated fat | 98% cholesterol | 68% sodium | 40% total carbs |15% dietary fiber | 61% total sugars | 81g protein | 80% vitamin D | 49% calcium | 58% iron | 55% potassium |
Thats it! You’ve completed the 7-day diet to help you lose belly fat. You can continue with this diet to lose even more weight for as long as you like.
It is completely healthy, just rinse and repeat or find other food substitutes to make your diet plan interesting! Download the 7-day belly fat-burning diet pdf or print the 7-day belly fat-burning printable below.
Detox Water Recipe To Lose Belly Fat Fast
- 1 Glass of water
- A teaspoon of raw organic honey
- A slice of ginger root (1 inch)
- A Pinch of cayenne pepper
- A pinch of turmeric
- 1/2 a lemon juice freshly squeezed
- Grate the ginger, combine it with the glass of water, and let it come to a boil, Remove from heat and let it cool completely.
- Add in the rest of your ingredients and stir until all the powder ingredients dissolve.
- Drink it while the mixture is still warm early in the morning when you wake up.
- Make sure that you consume this mixture an hour before breakfast
Foods Not To Eat While Trying To Lose Belly Fat
The following foods and drinks will not only prevent weight loss but lead to a ton of health issues like diabetes, high blood pressure, heart problems, inflammation & allergies.
Try not to eat the following foods while on this diet and try these belly fat-burning foods instead.
- Sodas & Fizzy Drinks
- Sugary Foods
- White Bread
- Pasta made with white flour
- Red Meat
Now you know how to lose belly fat fast in a week at home naturally. If you follow all of the tips above, you may be able to lose more than 5 pounds of stubborn fat around your waistline in a healthy way.
I hope you found this post helpful and if you did, don’t forget to share it with your friends I would love to hear in the comments below how many pounds you were able to lose.
Thank you so much for reading and stay awesome until next time!